EXTEND YOUR STAY
Welcome to our beautiful country!
We encourage you to extend your stay in ‘Mzansi’ so that you may deepen your experience of what South Africa has to offer.
May our eclectic people, cultures and magnificent scenery liven your senses and stir your soul. We hope to share with you our people’s spirit of ‘Ubuntu’.
Please explore some of the available options for an extended stay below alternatively we can tailor-make a trip for you, including flights and accommodation should you wish to.
For further assistance or information please contact:
Edith Venter Promotions (Johannesburg)
+27 (11) 788 5887
Cape Town City Tour – Table Mountain – Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden
- Table Mountain Lower Cable Car Station, where we embark on a cable car ride to the summit.
- At the top of Table Mountain, we will be spending approximately 45 minutes taking in the stunning surroundings of views of Cape Town.
- Drive through the residential suburbs of Camps Bay, Clifton, Bantry Bay, Sea Point and Green Point, followed by a drive through the city centre past the Statue of Bartolomeu Dias, Cape Town Train Station, NG Groote Kerk, The Slave Lodge, Parliament Buildings, Company Gardens, St. George’s Cathedral and Bo-Kaap with its distinctive brightly decorated houses as well as visit the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.
Duration: 4 hours
Robben Island – Cape Town City Tour – Table Mountain
- Robben Island: 3.5 hours including the ferry trip to and from the Island.
- Table Mountain Lower Cable Car Station, approximately 45 minutes taking in the stunning surroundings of views of Cape Town.
- After visiting Table Mountain, we will continue our tour with a drive through the residential suburbs
Cape Peninsula Tour
- Depart Cape Town CBD following the Atlantic coastal road to Mariners Wharf in Hout Bay via Chapman’s Peak Drive
- Cape Point Nature Reserve via Kommetjie, Misty Cliffs and Scarborough.
- Visit the historical Lighthouse at the Point and the famous Cape of Good Hope, which is the most south-western point of Africa
- Boulders Beach in Simons town, home of the African Penguin Colony
Cape Peninsula – Cape Penguins – Groot Constantia Wine Estate
- Wine-tasting at the famed wine estate Groot Constantia, which is nestled in the fertile Constantia Valley
- Old Kaapseweg that offers a breath-taking scenic drive to Noordhoek
- Cape Point Nature Reserve via Kommetjie, Misty Cliffs and Scarborough
- Visit to the historical Lighthouse at the Point and the famous Cape of Good Hope, which is the most south-western point of Africa.
- Visit at Boulders Beach in Simonstown, home of the African Penguin Colony
- Return to Cape Town via Chapman’s Peak Drive
Cape Winelands Tour
- The Strooidak (Thatched Roof) Church is one of the oldest church buildings in South Africa
- KWV is the largest wine cellar in the world
- Historic town of Franschhoek where we will enjoy a bubbly tasting (Methode Cap Classique – the South African version of the French Champagne)
- The town is known for its beauty, established wines, street cafés, historical buildings and its famous university.
Hermanus Whale Watching Boat Tour
- The whale watching trip begins with an on-land briefing led by our whale specialist guide before heading down the jetty to our catamaran. We then set off from the Hermanus New Harbour in search of the ‘gentle giants.’ The purpose-built catamaran provides superior viewing and comfort and during the Hermanus whale tour the friendly, knowledgeable crew add that personal touch allowing for an all-round great experience, from ensuring the perfect photo opportunities are not missed to serving complimentary light refreshments.
Full Day Safari Experience
- 2 to 3-hour game drive led by an experienced guide who will share exciting inside stories and facts about your surroundings followed by a leisurely lunch
- After lunch, time at leisure with some complimentary extra activities:
- Relax Poolside (complimentary)
- Visit the Curio shop – purchases for your own account
- Enjoy a spa appointment – for your own account
Extend your stay – Garden Route
- Garden Route & Klein Karoo – majestic mountains, stunning views, a natural garden of gorgeous landscapes, valleys, rivers and forests, a paradise for nature lovers, with miles of beautiful, white sandy beaches and hundreds of things to do and explore.
- Meerkat Safari – getting up close and personal with the gentle giants of the Knysna Elephant Park
- Cango Caves – exploring the ancient Cango Caves
- Ostrich Farm – getting up close to the biggest birds in the world
- Knysna Lagoon cruise – enjoy a relaxing Knysna Lagoon cruise
- Tstsikamma Forest and Stormsrivermouth – visiting the natural wonder that is the Tstsikamma Forest and Stormsrivermouth
- Zipline Tour – exhilarating the Zipline tour
- Knysna Heads – experience the dramatic sea cliffs that form the Knysna Heads
- Knysna Waterfront – leisurely shopping experience at the culturally diverse Knysna Waterfront
Half day Durban City tour
- Durban City
- Visit the revitalised beachfront promenade, continuing through the City, past City Hall to the harbour, which includes a drive past the University of Natal – Durban Campus.
- Visit the bustling African/Indian Markets at Warwick Triangle – home to 9 distinct markets developed around Durban’s largest public transport interchange.
- Visit the peaceful Durban Botanic Gardens founded in 1849.
- Visit to the Moses Mabhida Stadium.
Tour Duration: 3.5 hours
Full day Drakensberg World Heritage tour
- Visit Giant’s Castle, in the Drakensberg Mountains.
- Enjoy a 3km hike to the site of the caves adorned with Bushman’s paintings.
- Visit the Nelson Mandela Capture Site a historically significant moment in South African history and now commemorated with a world-class sculpture, in memory of Nelson Mandela and his heroic role in the struggle against Apartheid.
Full day Shakaland tour
- Get a unique insight into the traditional culture and customs of the proud Zulu nation on this guided excursion to the largest Zulu kraal in Zululand, which includes lunch.
- Sample traditional Zulu beer, marvel at the energy and rhythm of the Zulu dancers, witness the building of a Zulu hut, and appreciate the artistry of fashioning traditional weapons and crafts.
- Visit an iSangoma – a traditional healer.
Tour Duration: 8 hours
Full day Isandlwana & Rorke’s Drift Battlefields tour
- Isandlwana & Rorke’s Drift – KwaZulu-Natal is rich in Anglo-Zulu war history. Two of the most famous battles fought between the Zulu and British Armies took place there. We visit the eerie battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift.
Tour Duration: 12 hours
Full day Sani Pass & Lesotho tour
- KwaZulu-Natal – Sit back and relax on this comfortable drive through the rolling midlands of KwaZulu-Natal to the town of Underberg, nestled at the foot of the majestic Drakensberg escarpment.
- Underberg – Take a 4×4 drive up the highest road pass in Africa and be rewarded with breath taking scenery. From Durban, we drive through the green hills of the Midlands towards the little country town of Underberg.
- Sani Pass & Lesotho – Here, our 4×4 vehicle awaits us, the only form of transport equipped to tackle Sani Pass! Enter the Kingdom of Lesotho and stop at a nearby Sotho Village. Lunch is served at the highest pub in Africa – the views are utterly breath-taking.
Tour Duration: 12 hours
Full day Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve tour
- Zululand – Venture into the wild lands of Zululand on this guided excursion.
- Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park – Spend the day exploring this magnificent game park famous for its highly successful white rhino conservation programme. You’ll have the opportunity to search for their 84 species of game, including the ‘Big Five’, and the impressive 425 listed birds. Lunch will be served at the lofty Hilltop Camp (or similar). Optional open safari vehicle game drive is available at a surcharge.
Tour Duration: 12 hours
The things you will get to experience and see at Soweto
- Upmarket suburbs in Soweto
- Taxi culture, and markets
- You will drive past Winnie Mandela and Bishop Desmond Tutu’s homes
- Get to see the Vilakazi Street
- Mandela House Museum
- Hector Peterson Museum
- Drive past the Apartheid Museum